Google

2008/04/22

Olympic Football (Soccer) Groups Out

I've been beaten to the punch by Shanghaiist (they even gave me a day, but yesterday was a long day, so I couldn't get it out before them) on this, damn! Gotta feel bad, even in my small little world of expertise, I still get pipped.

Anyways, for ticket holders (or those who want to buy tickets), hope you got the teams you wanted:

Men
Group A - Shanghai
Ivory Coast
Argentina
Australia
Serbia

Group B - Tianjin
Holland
Nigeria
Japan
United States

Group C - Shenyang
China
New Zealand
Brazil
Belgium

Group D - Qinhuangdao
South Korea
Cameroon
Honduras
Italy

Women
Group E - Tianjin
China
Sweden
Argentina
Canada

Group F - Shenyang
North Korea
Nigeria
Germany
Brazil

Group G - Qinhuangdao
Norway
United States
Japan
New Zealand


I don't know that much about women's soccer, so I'm not going to comment on that. It would appear to me that on the men's side, Group B is the "group of death" with 4 very powerful sides. China-Brazil is bound to be the big ticket match of the preliminary round, with the men's team returning to the city (but not the stadium) of its greatest success.

No comments: